Liquid sugar is a light, clear syrup made from a concentrated sugar solution. The syrup is made of water and sucrose. Liquid sugar acts as a sweetener that is mainly used in homes and restaurants. It has various applications because of its consistency in processes like dissolution, filtering, and others, which is difficult through granular or powder form.
The North America Liquid Sugar Market is estimated to develop with a moderate growth rate of xx% throughout the forecast period (2020-2025).
- A Stevia & Monk Fruit liquid sweeteners and keto-compatible product has been launched by a Whole Earth Sweetener Company. It is available in e commerce and supermarkets. Brand offers a variety of nine diversities, in which most are adapted to the keto diet, comprising new three products launched this year.
- In 2016, T.H.E.M. (Engineering and Merchandising Technical Support) launched Cane Simple Liquid Sugar in filling bags, improving the packaging design with the inclusion of a practical mouthpiece liner.
- In May 2019, a company called Graycliff Partners LP has declared that it has now completed the acquisition of Sweeteners Plus, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of essential liquid and dry sweeteners. Based in Lakeville NY, Sweeteners transforms loose sugar into a wide range of products, including bagged brown and white sugars, organic products, liquid sucrose, and corn syrups.
- In August 2017, Rogers Sugar Inc. have announce the closing of the previously announced acquisition of all issued and outstanding shares of LB Maple Treat Corporation, one of the world’s largest private label and private label maple syrup distribution and packaging companies, through a solely retained subsidiary of Lantic Inc., for acquisition worth of $ 160.3 million.
- In January 2017, A leading chemical technology company and pioneer in renewable chemistry which is well-Known as Avantium based in Netherlands, announced that it had acquired Liquid Light Inc. (Liquid Light), a Princeton University company in 2008, which it developed and patented Low energy electrochemical technologies to convert CO2 into the main chemical products.
- Bayn Europe, based in Sweden aims to strength its position with the purchase of the FMCG Pändy Foods brand. The acquisition of Pändy would mark Bayn’s first entry into the consumer space. The Bayn property will represent approximately 51% of the combined group, and the company has said the transaction will be partially financed by the issuance of new shares.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
The main aspects projected to drive growth in the North American liquid sugar market are the increased demand for liquid sugar in the food and beverage sector. In addition, the increasing consumer preference for low-calorie sugar, increased disposable income, and efficient distribution channels are some of the factors that should stimulate demand for liquid sugar. Furthermore, the ability to increase the shelf life of baked goods with high consistency and uniformity, which should also stimulate the growth of the regional liquid sugar market. A recent trend in the target market is that manufacturers around the world are demanding more liquid sugar than powdered and granulated sugar, as this results in a significant reduction in costs that would otherwise be incurred in the equipment required to filtering, dissolving and pasteurization. Consumer preference is shifting to different flavors in food products, as well as demanding, low-calorie, high-fiber products. In addition, major players are focusing on launching new products with maximum sugar reduction, collaboration, and M&A activity to expand their presence. For example, Tosla doo, a Slovenian food startup, introduced liquid sugar at FIE 2017. The product offers 30% less sugar, 10% less calories, a double fiber content, and 20% time less cooking. However, increases in raw material prices and distribution and transportation costs could hinder the growth of the North American liquid sugar market in the near future.
The North America Liquid Sugar Market is segmented by origin (conventional liquid sugar and organic liquid sugar), application (beverage, bakery, baby food, confectionery, and other applications). Among the product type segments, the inverse sugar segment is expected to contribute a significant portion of world market revenue. Among the application segments, the bakery and confectionery segment is expected to experience a significant growth rate during the forecast period.
Impact of covid-19 on North America Liquid Sugar Market
Indian farmers constantly struggle with asymmetric monsoon and irregular rains, extreme natural events, disrupted supply chains, and rising inflation. As if it wasn’t enough. These problems are now complemented this year with COVID-induced blockades and the predatory attack by locusts!
The onset of the coronavirus pandemic coincided with the peak of the harvest season. As markets are closed, there is a threat to harvest on more than 100 lakh hectares in the country. Even between different segments, the impact varies considerably by region and between producers and agricultural workers. This impact will have repercussions throughout the economy and will last more than a few months. Despite all the measures and in view of the persistent restrictions on the movement of people and the movement of vehicles, concerns were expressed regarding the negative consequences of the COVID19 pandemic on the agricultural economy. But if the same scenario continues until the end of the year, then seed availability can certainly be a problem. Due to disruption of world trade, farmers face a shortage of agricultural inputs such as fertilizers and pesticides.
The North America Liquid Sugar market has been characterized by geography into the United States, Canada, Mexico and rest of North America. The North American market is expected to dominate the liquid sugar market due to increased consumption of dairy products, ready meals and frozen desserts. Also, the rapid growth of the food industries, rapid urbanization, industrialization, economic growth, and rising disposable incomes are factors that are expected to stimulate growth in the region’s target market. In addition, favorable government initiatives in the form of policies and a regulatory framework, modern people’s lifestyles, changing consumer preferences, as well as the growing demand for personalized food products are some of the others.
BOETTGER GRUPPE had the largest share of the Liquid Sugar Market in terms of sales and revenue in 2020.
Some of the major players are Boettger Gruppe, Toyo Sucrose Refining Co., Ltd., Bundaberg Sucrose, Tate & Lyle, Dolu Birlik Holding, Sucrose Australia, Galam, Wilmar International, CSC Sucrose, And Sucroliq.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the report
1.3 Study Assumptions
1.4 Base Currency, Base Year and Forecast Periods
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Analysis Design
2.2 Research Phases
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.2.3 Data Modelling
2.2.4 Expert Validation
2.3 Study Timeline
3. Report Overview
3.1 Executive Summary
3.2 Key Inferencees
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Impact Analysis
4.2 Regulatory Environment
4.3 Technology Timeline & Recent Trends
5. Competitor Benchmarking Analysis
5.1 Key Player Benchmarking
5.1.1 Market share analysis
5.1.3 Regional Presence
5.2 Mergers & Acquistion Landscape
5.3 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 Liquid Sugar Market, By Origin
6.1.3 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.1.4 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.1.5 Market Attractiveness Index
6.2 Liquid Sugar Market, By Application
6.2.3 Baby Food
6.2.5 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.2.6 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.2.7 Market Attractiveness Index
7. Geographical Landscape
7.1 Global Identity Governance and Administration Market, by Region
7.2 North America – Market Analysis (2018 – 2024)
7.2.1 By Country
7.2.2 By Origin
7.2.3 By Application
8. Key Player Analysis
8.1 Boettger Gruppe
8.1.1 Business Description
8.1.4 SWOT Analysis
8.1.5 Recent Developments
8.1.6 Analyst Overview
8.2 Toyo Sucrose Refining Co., Ltd
8.3 Bundaberg Sucrose
8.4 Tate & Lyle
8.5 Dolu Birlik Holding
8.6 Sucrose Australia
8.8 Wilmar International
8.9 CSC Sucrose
9. Market Outlook & Investment Opportunities
List of Tables
List of Figures