Liquid sugar has various applications because of its features like consistency in production like dissolution, filtering, and others that cannot be obtained in the granular form. However, the expenses related to transportation and distribution and the health concerns associated with liquid sugar are limiting the expansion of the Asia Pacific liquid sugar market. Liquid sugar is a sweetener that is often used in place of regular sugar.
The Asia Pacific Liquid Sugar Market was estimated at USD xx.x million in 2020 and is anticipated to reach over USD xxx.xx million by, recording the highest CAGR during the envisioned period (2020-2025).
- A Stevia & Monk Fruit liquid sweeteners and keto-compatible product has been launched by a Whole Earth Sweetener Company. It is available in e commerce and supermarkets. Brand offers a variety of nine diversities, in which most are adapted to the keto diet, comprising new three products launched this year.
- In 2016, T.H.E.M. (Engineering and Merchandising Technical Support) launched Cane Simple Liquid Sugar in filling bags, improving the packaging design with the inclusion of a practical mouthpiece liner.
- In May 2019, a company called Graycliff Partners LP has declared about its acquisition of Sweeteners Plus, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of essential liquid and dry sweeteners for restaurants, specialty drinks, bakeries, confectionery and pharmaceuticals, among others. Based in Lakeville NY, Sweeteners transforms loose sugar into a wide range of products, including bagged brown and white sugars, organic products, liquid sucrose, and corn syrups.
- In August 2017, Rogers Sugar Inc. have announced the closing of the previously announced acquisition of all issued and outstanding shares of LB Maple Treat Corporation, one of the world’s largest private label and private label maple syrup distribution and packaging companies, through a solely retained subsidiary of Lantic Inc., for a acquisition worth of $ 160.3 million.
- In January 2017, A leading chemical technology company and pioneer in renewable chemistry which is well-Known as Avantium based in Netherlands, announced that it had acquired Liquid Light Inc. (Liquid Light), a Princeton University company in 2008, which it developed and patented Low energy electrochemical technologies to convert CO2 into the main chemical products.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
Liquid sugar provides certain properties to bakery products, such as maintaining moisture and maintaining freshness, unique flavor and pasteurization. Therefore, the bakery and confectionery sector has seen an increase in the use of liquid sugar, due to the aforementioned properties. In addition, liquid sugar helps control the crystallization of sugar in sweets and prevents the formation of ice crystals in frozen desserts, which increases demand in the bakery sector. Other factors that promote the growth for liquid sugar are consistent quality and specification-oriented quality, high microbiological stability, funding in new equipment to dissolve, filter and pasteurize. Liquid sugar unlike crystalline sugar and minimized sugar loss.
The Asia Pacific Liquid Sugar Market is segmented by origin into conventional liquid sugar and organic liquid sugar. Based on the application, the regional market includes beverages, bakery, baby food, confectionery, and others.
Based on the distribution channel, the Asia Pacific liquid sugar market is segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores and online stores. Of these, the supermarkets/hypermarkets segment holds the largest share compared to other sales channels.
Impact of covid-19 on Asia Pacific Liquid Sugar Market
The Covid-19 pandemic had its adverse effects on the worldwide food & beverage sector and all its associated industries. Existing plans for many organizations will focus on unique catastrophic events, but this situation is very different, as the majority of the population remains healthy and therefore able to work. The decision to stay open or closed can be life and death, and the effects on the long-term viability of the business can be enormous. Businesses may also face shortages of supplies. Contingency plans should be reviewed to determine if other sources or substitutes could be used when main supplies are no longer available. Despite effective contingency plans, many companies may experience interruptions in their services. The shutdown of distribution channels and manufacturing units have resulted in the decline in the sales of liquid sugar across the globe.
The Asia Pacific Liquid Sugar market has been characterized by geography into China, Taiwan, South Korea, India, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand, and the rest of the Asia-Pacific. Asia-Pacific is supposed to be a leader in the worldwide market for liquid sugar because of the rising need in countries like India and Australia. Also, the rapid growth of the food industries in the emerging countries of Asia Pacific, in the context of the general improvement in economic conditions and the sustained efforts of governments in favorable policies and regulatory frameworks, are contributing to the growth of the market of liquid sugar. In addition, regional and national players participate in frequent product launches, which has further stimulated market growth.
Boettger Gruppe had the largest share of the Liquid Sugar Market in terms of sales and revenue in 2019.
Some of the major players which are as under Tate & Lyle PLC, Nordzucker AG, Boettger Gruppe, Zukán S.L.U., and Sugar Australia Company Ltd.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the report
1.3 Study Assumptions
1.4 Base Currency, Base Year and Forecast Periods
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Analysis Design
2.2 Research Phases
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.2.3 Data Modelling
2.2.4 Expert Validation
2.3 Study Timeline
3. Report Overview
3.1 Executive Summary
3.2 Key Inferencees
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Impact Analysis
4.2 Regulatory Environment
4.3 Technology Timeline & Recent Trends
5. Competitor Benchmarking Analysis
5.1 Key Player Benchmarking
5.1.1 Market share analysis
5.1.3 Regional Presence
5.2 Mergers & Acquistion Landscape
5.3 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 Liquid Sugar Market, By Origin
6.1.3 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.1.4 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.1.5 Market Attractiveness Index
6.2 Liquid Sugar Market, By Application
6.2.3 Baby Food
6.2.5 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.2.6 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.2.7 Market Attractiveness Index
7. Geographical Landscape
7.1 Global Identity Governance and Administration Market, by Region
7.2 Asia Pacific
7.2.1 By Country
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 South East Asia
126.96.36.199 Australia & NZ
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.2.2 By Origin
7.2.3 By Application
8. Key Player Analysis
8.1 Boettger Gruppe
8.1.1 Business Description
8.1.4 SWOT Analysis
8.1.5 Recent Developments
8.1.6 Analyst Overview
8.2 Toyo Sucrose Refining Co., Ltd
8.3 Bundaberg Sucrose
8.4 Tate & Lyle
8.5 Dolu Birlik Holding
8.6 Sucrose Australia
8.8 Wilmar International
8.9 CSC Sucrose
9. Market Outlook & Investment Opportunities
List of Tables
List of Figures