MALIBU, CA — The grand opening of Whole Foods Market in Malibu will be Wednesday, June 12, and will include samples from local vendors, music and giveaways starting at 8 a.m., the company announced.
The first 300 shoppers at the new 25,000 sq. ft. store will receive a Whole Foods Market Malibu reusable tote bag with Whole Foods Market swag, snacks and a mystery savings card with a value ranging between $5 and $100, the Whole Foods Market press release said.
“We are so excited to bring Whole Foods Market to Malibu,” said Amy La Boube, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to serving the community and providing our customers with the tastiest and highest quality natural and organic food available.”
The store will offer a wide selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items. Special features of the Malibu location include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from regional growers
- In-store bakery offering an array of cakes made in-house, pastries, tarts and chia parfaits; includes a variety of vegan, keto and gluten-free offerings such as packaged cupcakes, muffins and cookies
- Full-service butcher department featuring in-house made sausages and chicken and beef from local suppliers
- Seafood department with unique offerings, such as in-house made salmon and shrimp burgers and a variety of options from local suppliers
- Prepared foods section with a wide selection of hot and cold food bars with organic options; includes a salad bar, soup wells, rotisserie chickens, charcuterie, sandwich and pizza stations, sushi and ready-made meals
- Specialty foods section with an extensive selection of local cheeses and spirits
- Beauty and body care department featuring over 25 local suppliers and products exclusive to Whole Foods Market Malibu
- Expansive selection of beer and wine from local producers
- Nékter Juice Bar: in-store juice and coffee bar offering freshly made, clean and nutrient-rich açai bowls, Superfood smoothies, fresh and cold-pressed juices, plus coffee roasts from local partner, Coffee Manufactory
Plus, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on June 27 will benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Malibu, an organization “dedicated to providing academic, wellness and recreational programs for middle and high school students in the community,” the Whole Foods press release said.
The Malibu store will be located in The Park at Cross Creek at 23401 Civic Center Way in Malibu. After the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. For more information, visit the Whole Foods Market website.