Origins of Keto Diet
The history of the keto diet dates back to 1920s and 30s when it was used as a popular therapy for epilepsy, developed to provide an alternative to non-mainstream fasting. Fasting had demonstrated to be successful in helping patients with epilepsy. The diet was later abandoned due to the introduction of new anticonvulsant therapies.
The role of fasting as a treatment of disease was known to mankind first thousands of years ago detailed in studies done by ancient Green physicians and ancient Indian physicians. An early treatise in the Hippocratic Corpus, “On the Sacred Disease,” describes how alterations in diet played a role in epilepsy management. The idea of fasting was also popularised in the early 20th Century by Bernarr Macfadden as a means of restoring health.
Adopting Keto Diet
This special diet, known as keto, is low-carb and high-fat. Allowing the body to produce small molecules called ketones. This is an alternative fuel source for the body, used when blood sugar (glucose) is in short supply. Although the keto diet can be difficult at first, because we all love carbs, there are rewarding results. And even if you do occasionally spring for dessert or splurge at the buffet at your next family trip, supplements like Slim Quick Keto are there to have your back.
Research has shown that adopting this low-carb, high-fat diet can promote fat loss and even improve certain conditions such as type 2 diabetes and cognitive decline. The most important thing to know before embarking on the ketogenic diet is that you need to keep your carb intake under 30 grams total per day. Other benefits include:
- Lose Weight
- Burn Fat in Trouble Areas
- Get into Ketosis Fast
- Burn Fat for Energy
- Better Brain Health
- Faster Recovery from Exercise
- Maintain Lean Muscle
- Improves heart health
- Reduced Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels
- A Greater Proportion of Fat Loss Comes From Your Abdominal Cavity
In a keto diet food percentages are:
- fat: 70%-80%
- protein: 20%
- Carbs: 5%
The protein content will be about 0.8 times your lean mass every day. For example, someone who weights 150 with 30% body fat has about 105 pounds of lean mass, so the person would shoot for 84 grams of protein each day.
There are some great metabolic changes initially with this diet. Shredding excess weight improves, such as insulin resistance, high blood pressure, and elevated cholesterol and triglycerides. It is true that fat oxidation does increase due to the body adapting to the higher dietary fat intake. However, fat oxidation and losing body fat are two different processes. When fat oxidation is higher it does not necessarily mean that there will be a reduction in body fat. Overall calorie intake and calorie burn will be the main determinant in fat loss.
Foods to eat:
- Fish and seafood.
- Low-carb veggies.
- Nuts, seeds and healthful oils.
- Plain Greek yogurt and cottage cheese.
Foods to Avoid:
- Beans, peas, lentils, and peanuts
- Grains, such as rice, pasta, and oatmeal
- Low-fat dairy products
- Added sugars and sweeteners
- Sugary beverages, including juice and soda
- Traditional snack foods, such as potato chips, pretzels, and crackers
- Most fruits, except for lemons, limes, tomatoes, and small portions of berries
- Starchy vegetables, including corn, potatoes, and peas
- Trans fats, such as margarine or other hydrogentated fats
- Most alcohols, including wine, beer, and sweetened cocktails
Keto diet as you can see has many restrictions, which is why it’s ok to accompany with keto shakes or keto supplements. We know how difficult it can be to restrict yourself from so many foods. But sticking to the diet can pay off greatly.
These are known to aid ketogenic dieters. Ketone supplements are not anything new for 2019, but they have been increasing in popularity over the past couple of years. Popular talk show host Dr Oz, has featured these supplements in numerous segments on his talk show. Revealing how ketones can help individuals in losing weight.
Main Ingredients in Slim Quick Keto
- BHB;– It is an amazing and primary ingredient in every keto based product. This ingredient plays an important role in operating ketosis process. Without this ingredient every keto based product is useless.
- Raspberry ketones;– These ketones are helpful in cutting down excess fatty layers. It also increases the metabolic weight in order to improve fat burning process.
- Garcinia cambogia;– This ingredient is so popular in improving the metabolism system. It includes HCA that helps to control on eating habits. In fact, it is also responsible for slim and healthy body.
This one if a kind keto supplement allows your body to begin converting into a state of nutritional ketosis with its special blend of ingredients. For best results
- Take 2 keto capsules a day with water
- Eat keto-friendly meals and snacks throughout the day
Slim Quick Keto Ingredients contains Beta-hydroxybutyrate. BHB is the first substrate that kicks the metabolic state of ketosis resulting in energy.
Slim Quick Keto Claims and Warrants
Everything has a disclaimer to it, so nothing has been fully tested in clinical trials. But the organization explains the importance of the keto diet and argues that users on their supplement can expect to experience dramatic weight loss. However, with the absence of definitive and dedicated studies on this particular supplement, these claims are difficult to corroborate.
Slim Quick Keto Conclusion
While the listing for Slim Quick Keto has a high number of positive reviews, its hard for us to say these are all legit product reviewers. Some may be, some may not be.
The organization requests fairly cheap prices for their supplement compared to others on the internet. As always consumers who try these supplements are encouraged to review the product online, so that they can add to the existing research-base for keto supplement products and companies.
We will try and email the Slim Quick Keto support team to find out more information and bring transparency to this ketone weight loss supplement. Be sure to check back on our website for updated information on Slim Quick Keto.
To help you reach your weight loss goals, we suggest you read our guides that link to the top products that are currently on the market; Superfood drinks, detox cleanses, prebiotics, and the best fat burners.